Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Shame on Toyota

My 2010 Pontiac Vibe that I bought this past September is part of the Toyota recall that has been in the news. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has more info here. Yes, I have a Pontiac Vibe, but is it essentially the same as a Toyota Matrix. I am disappointed in Toyota. It took them too long for them to admit there was a problem. Even though Toyota has announced a fix, the NHTSA is looking at the Electronic Throttle Control System to see if this may be the real problem. Toyota's fix is a physical part, and does not admit any electronic failure. This could be bad if it truly is a electronic problem. I still have my old 2003 Vibe, which I am driving now since it is winter. So, I am waiting to receive something official from Pontiac about when I can bring my vehicle in. I am also very curious to see if the problem is electronics and not a physical part.

No comments: