Saturday, September 24, 2011
After three weekends, I finally live trapped the groundhog which was living under my storage shed. I have tried placing the trap at various locations around the shed and tried different baits with no success. I finally found the right combination of location, bait, and timing. The trap was placed on the left side of the shed. I used Gala Apples and dehydrated bananas from Trail Mix that I bought from Aldi. I set the trap around 9:00AM, with plans to go grocery shopping in the AM. As usual, I got distracted, and the Pitt game was on TV at 12 Noon. I looked outside and there it was, in the trap.
I was not sure how sturdy the cage was, so I wanted to relocate the groundhog as soon as possible. I lined the trunk of my car with a tarp, cardboard, and newspaper, in case the animal got nervous and completed a bodily function. I read you should cover the cage with a towel so the groundhog will not get nervous - I used a black T-shirt. Lifting the cage, then carrying the cage was difficult, as the animal got nervous and was moving and clawing inside the cage. I finally got it in the trunk and drove to North Park. For the first five minutes of the drive, I could hear the groundhog clawing at the cage. I found a good spot to release it and again carrying the cage while the animal was moving got on my nerves. I placed the trap on the ground, and opened the trap door. I tapped the other end of the cage and the groundhog bolted right out the door into the woods.
I have not read that they are social animals, so hopefully there was only one groundhog under the shed. I have read that the mother has babies in the spring, and the babies eventually leave the burrow when they are ready. I am going to reset the trap Sunday morning (and Monday too since I am taking off work) to make sure there was only one groundhog.
My work is not done. I have to block access on all four sides of the shed. With winter coming and the amount of daylight getting shorter, I have some work to do.
Happy Groundhog Day!
Posted by PittCheMBA at 9/24/2011 08:55:00 PM
Friday, September 02, 2011
My big news since my last post is my new Do It Yourself Home Built PC. Here are the specs:
Power supply: Corsair TX750 V2
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth p67
CPU: i5-2500k, 3.3 GHz
Cpu cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus
RAM: Corsair 4 x 2GB
Dvd drive: Lite-On Ihas324
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1 TB, 6.0Gb/s
Video Card: XFX HD 6770
This is a huge jump in technology compared to my old PC which is over 11 years old. My old PC only has a 667 MHz processor, and the maximum amount of RAM it can have is 768 MB. I am very happy now.
Posted by PittCheMBA at 9/02/2011 10:39:00 PM
Sunday, June 12, 2011
It has been a month since my last post, so here is what's been happening in my little world:
- I have been trying to decide on a Personal Information Manager to use on my home PC. I am organized at work, but at home, I seem lost with no direction. The candidates are: Microsoft Outlook 2007, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Task Coach, Chandler Project, and Essential PIM.
- I have been very lazy with my exercise program. From January through May, I made a lot of excuses not to work out. In May, I slowed started cardio session. In June, I started weight lifting again. It is going to take a while to get back in shape. It is my fault for being a couch potato
- I am looking forward to all of the comic book based movies this summer.
- Every year, I keep saying that I will build a new PC since mine is over ten years old. Will I finally do it?
Posted by PittCheMBA at 6/12/2011 10:07:00 PM
Thursday, May 19, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed the Season Finale of the CBS TV show "The Mentalist". I had a hunch that O'Laughlin was the mole at CBI. The big question is: Was the man that Patrick Jane shot really Red John? I have my doubts. Here are links to a couple of reviews:
Pop Star Recap Part 1
Pop Star Recap Part 2
One of my favorite screen caps above: Lisbon pretty in a pink bridesmaid dress.
Posted by PittCheMBA at 5/19/2011 11:22:00 PM
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Google is Great. I was watching re-runs of the CBS series Cold Case, and decided to do a Google search for the lead actress Kathryn Morris. I found a great fan site, Kathryn Morris Fan, with an amazing picture gallery. This pic is from Oct 16th, 2010 - the 20th Annual Environmental Media Awards. She is 41 years old in this picture. Enjoy!
Posted by PittCheMBA at 3/20/2011 03:25:00 PM
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Avril Lavigne released her fourth album today, Goodbye Lullaby. I have not purchased the album yet, so I do not have a review. So far, reviews have been mixed. Since her last album, Avril has gone through a divorce, and is now 26 years old. She is not a teenager anymore, and is growing as an adult, hence the perceived difference in her new album. I am a big fan, but I will keep an open mind. Here is a link to a live performance on MSN, Enjoy!
Posted by PittCheMBA at 3/08/2011 10:15:00 PM
Thursday, March 03, 2011
The judge in the case for Senator Jane Orie declared a mistrial today. The reason, the defense submitted some documents where the signatures where doctored, a bad cut and paste job. I did my own cut and paste job and show the doctored sections side by side.
- Look at the "Original" - You will see two signatures, one is on top of the other and the two signatures overlap.
- Look at "Cut/Paste 1" - Look and you will see that the signature still has the overlap area.
- Look at "Cut/Paste 2" - The most obvious part is the red circle where you see two black underlines. The green circle shows a bad attempt to white out the overlap area.
Posted by PittCheMBA at 3/03/2011 10:17:00 PM
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Just a few random rambling thoughts running in my brain lately:
- Cold Update - It has been 3 weeks already. I am better, but not 100% yet. My last lingering symptom is a slight cough and drainage in my throat. About twice a week, I will get an exercise induced asthma attack.
- DSL Broadband Service - I had to call tech support for my DSL provider because I could not access my DSL router to enable the WiFi. There were two problems: 1) My DSL router was not configured properly, so I had to reset it back to factory defaults; 2) It appears the firewall software that I was using, Comodo, was causing issues. I have switched to Zone Alarm, but would like to use Comodo once I figure out where I screwed up.
- Charlie Sheen - Has he lost his mind?
- Lindsay Lohan - What happened to the sweet girl that was in the movie "Mean Girls"? I thought she was cute and adorable in "Mean Girls", but I guess she has grown up, and not too well.
- I am ready for Spring.
Posted by PittCheMBA at 2/27/2011 04:14:00 PM
Sunday, February 06, 2011
So I have been a bad blogger, I have not posted since 1/1/2011. Just a couple ramblings:
- I just caught my first cold of the year. I am a little congested with nasal drainage, lovely.
- I am been lazy with my workouts. I guess every winter, I gain a some insulation around my tummy.
- I switched from dial up internet access to broadband DSL service. Went from 56 kps to 3 Mbs. Big difference, but my PC is still old, so on line videos are not great. I am please with the speed.
- Getting ready to watch the Superbowl. Go Steelers !
Posted by PittCheMBA at 2/06/2011 05:28:00 PM