Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WVU Panel Reports Poor Judgment in Awarding MBA to Heather Bresch


Today, a WVU Investigative Panel released a 95 page report to the public detailing its decision that Mylan Inc Executive Heather Bresch, the daughter of West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin, did not earn an M.B.A degree from West Virginia University.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette highlighted key findings from the 95 page report. Phrases like “poor judgment”, “failures of processes”, and “failures of leadership” are included in the report. The 95 page (4.4 MB) report can be downloaded from the Post Gazette here. Course titles, grades, and credits have been un-highlighted with black marker.

When I first heard about this story, I thought there would be a cover up. I am glad that the investigative panel did not try to cover this up. I am disappointed that a major university gave in to political pressure. I, like most people, am very proud to say that I worked very hard to earn my college degree.

No comments: