Sunday, July 29, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz Review


Here is a description from Fragrantica:

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Live Jazz was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are mint, grapefruit and lemon; middle notes are coriander and rhubarb; base notes are nutmeg, amber, vanilla and cedar.

For the first 30 minutes, there is a very pleasant lemon and mint smell with very good projection.  Then the fragrance starts transitioning to the middle notes.  After 2 hours, it smells like an herbal garden with a tiny hint of the citrus lingering.  The coriander is energetic, and spicy.  The projection is still good.  The top and middle notes are opposites.  The top notes are cool and refreshing, and then the scent changes to energetic and lively.  It feels like taking a relaxing lounge in a recliner, then having to get off my butt and start a workout.  From 3 to 4 hours, the projection dies down and becomes a skin scent.  After 4 hours, on my skin, the scent is gone.  And I mean gone, no skin scent at all.  I don’t even have a chance to smell the base notes.

I am disappointed that the longevity is so bad.  I only paid about $30.00 for a 3.4oz bottle, so I can’t complain about the price.  The bottle is nice with the words “Live Jazz” frosted on the bottle.  The sprayer is outstanding and sprays a large amount in a nice spray pattern.  Even with the powerful atomizer, longevity is still poor on me.   This was a blind buy.  Many YouTube reviewers said this is a great mint based starter fragrance.  Unfortunately, the mint only lasts a maximum of 2 hours on me, and I am being generous.  Due to the poor longevity, I can’t enjoy this fragrance.  What a shame.

No comments: