Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekly Workout Rewind - 2/11/2007

I completed two cardio sessions and one weighlifting session. I had two "snow shoveling" workouts due to the snow storm last week. Shoveling snow involves both cardio and resistance training. Breathing in cold weather is more difficult than in warmer weather. I wore a full face fleece hood which covered my nose and mouth. This made it easier to breath. Snow shoveling works out a lot of bodyparts: legs, shoulders, back, biceps. When there is too much snow for me to physically handle, I bring out the snowblower. You have to be careful not to overdo it when shoveling snow. Take breaks, and know you limitations. It was not my normal workout routine, but it was still a workout.

1 comment:

JulieGong said...

This is the only reason I like snow and it is only sometimes... its such a good workout and you're actually getting something accomplished more than just burning calories.