Monday, October 01, 2007

Golfer's Elbow


This may sound silly, stupid, and embarassing, but I injured my right elbow when I test rode a mountain bike at a local bike shop (LBS). My symptoms suggest that I have Golfer's Elbow. Yes, I did eventually buy a new mountain bike. I have not riden a bike since I was a little kid, and I spent most of the test ride retraining myself. I had a death grip on the brakes, plus my elbows were probably locked not bent, so I injured myself. I have always had problems with my right elbow - an overuse injury from lifting too much in my youth. This weekend, I starting using my arms again, I washed my car, but did not wax it. Today, I worked my back muscles, but my forearms and biceps are secondary muscles that get worked in the process. I will see how I feel tomorrow. I hate getting old.

No comments: