Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sudafed - Pseudoephedrine


I woke up this past Monday morning with a sore throat and congested sinuses. I am off this week, so I am glad that I am not at work where I would have to use my brain to think. I think it is part allergies, but more likely a summer cold. My mucous has some discoloration to it, a sign of congestion. I went through my supply of allergy medication and decongestants and found out that most of them are well past their expiration dates. I did have generic claritin/decongestant that did not expire. It was a 24 hour dose, I took it yesterday and could not fall asleep. So, I went to the local Wal Mart to purchase 12 hour versions of the generic claritin and decongestant. I want a 12 hour dose so I can fall asleep at night. This is the first time that I have purchased a decongestant since a law went into effect that you must register your name, address, etc and present your driver's license to purchase the stuff. Decongestants can be used to make drugs and that is why the law went into effect. The process of registering was painless, but kind of uneasy at the same time.

No comments: