Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wax On, Wax Off

I have had a weird feeling in my right ear for the last few weeks that a big ball of earwax was just stuck there. I have inserted Q-Tips into my ear as far as I could safely do so. I have also tried to clear it out by staying in the shower a little longer in the morning. I have never, ever, had problems with earwax buildup. I finally decided to stop into the Wal Mar and buy a Ear Wax Removal Kit. The kit contained a bottle of 6% solution of carbamide peroxide and a bulb shaped ear syringe. The instructions said that the solution will start to foam after it contacts the earwax. It was the strangest sensation and lasted for over 10 minutes. I used the bulb shaped syringe to rinse the solution out of my ear with warm water. I did get a little worried because the foaming feeling seemed to last a long time. It seems to have worked though. I am glad I finally decided to do something about it.



No comments: