Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekly Workout Rewind - 1/14/2007


I completed 4 weight lifting sessions and 4 cardio sessions. I was not able to work all body parts, I missed working my back. For the past 2 weeks, I have been using a 4 day split - 4 weight lifting sessions over one week. A 4 day split seems to be working better for me than a 3 day split. With a 4 day split, I have to be more responsible with my workouts. On a 3 day split, each workout became too long, and I took too many days off between workouts.

Here is my 4 day split:
Workout A - chest
Workout B - back
Workout C - quadriceps, hamstrings
Workout D - biceps, triceps

This was my 3 day split:
Workout A - chest, triceps
Workout B - back, biceps
Workout C - quadriceps, hamstrings.

For both 4 and 3 day splits, I would also complete a cardio sessions.
Abs were worked when I felt like fitting them in.
The key to any workout routine is not working the same bodyparts on consecutive days and allowing adequate rest between workouts.

Anyway, enough about my training philosopy. Good Night kidz!

No comments: