Tuesday, December 04, 2007

10 Things I Love/Hate About Winter

Since we had our first taste of winter yesterday, I am reposting from last year 10 Things I Love/Hate About Winter:

Here are 10 things I like about Winter, in no particular order:
  1. When I get home from work, it is dark, so I do not feel guilty about taking a nap.
  2. Snow makes Christmas much more special.

  3. I do not have to mow the lawn.

  4. It is too cold to hand wash my car.

  5. I can gain some weight and hide it with a baggy sweatshirt.

  6. I like wearing boots instead of sneakers in the winter.

  7. I like wearing a beanie/skull cap in my cold basement when I workout.

  8. I can be late for work because of the weather.
  9. I can catch up watching my collection of DVD’s because I spend more time indoors.

  10. The Pittsburgh Penguins.

Here are 10 Things I hate about winter, in no particular order:

  1. There are less hours of sunlight. I wake up in the dark, and leave work in the dark.

  2. I have to shovel snow.
  3. I have to drive in snow and ice.

  4. Waterproof boots are never waterproof.

  5. My car gets all salted up, and it is too cold to wash my baby.

  6. My basement is cold, my workout equipment is in the basement, so I workout in a cold basement.

  7. My head gets cold because I refuse to wear a hat which would ruin my hair.

  8. I have to wear layers of clothes to keep warm, then I feel too warm because I am wearing layers of clothes.

  9. My nose gets dry, so I get a lot of nosebleeds.

  10. My skin gets very dry, so my fingertips crack. Very painful.

No comments: