Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Annual Pitt Christmas Luncheon

I had lunch today with two buddies who graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering. It is an annual tradition that started some time ago. I actually graduated the same year as Jim. Gerry graduated about 10 years earlier than Jim and I. Jim and Gerry grew up together and act like younger and older brothers. Jim and Gerry followed their engineering education and are actually employed as real engineers. I got my MBA Degree from the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business, worked in Finance, then moved on to the IT field, my true calling, my gift, my curse. I have no regrets and am very happy working in the IT field. We have been lunching at a Pizza shop on Fifth Avenue for who knows how long. The conversation, pizza, and company was good - as it always is. We will probably get together again later next year for our annual Pirates game. Hopefully the annual tradition of a Pirates losing season will not continue.

No comments: