Sunday, November 26, 2006

High School Reunion Thoughts

I attended my 25 year high school reunion this weekend. It was held at a community recreation center and the dress was casual. I liked the casual format of the reunion, no one tried to hard to dress to impress. I think the gals aged better than the guys. A lot of the guys lost their hair and those who did not lose their hair had more gray hair than colored hair. I feel fortunate that I have not lost any of my hair and the number of colored hairs outnumbers my gray hairs.

Most of the gals that I graduated with looked exactly like they did in high school. As a single guy, I was happy to see that gals my age can still be very attractive. At work, there are hardly any female employees around my age. At work, the typical employee is a male in his late 50's or early 60's. It was nice to associate with people around my own age, both males and females.

I was happy that one of my buddies came in from out of state and I was able to meet his wife. They are a good couple and they recently had a baby, so I am very happy for them. A lot of the guy graduates still live around the Pittsburgh area, but in high school I never really hung out with them that much and was never part of their clique in high school. It was a good time. It was nice to see that everyone has moved on from high school and are living their lives as citizens of this great nation.

No comments: