Monday, November 19, 2007

Through Rain, Sleet, or Snow


When I go away on business, I submit an online request to have my mail held at my local post office. At the end of the holding date, you can request to have your mail delivered or you can pick up the mail in person at the post office. I usually choose the option to pick up my mail in person, just in case my return date changes. I stopped at my local post office this morning before work and to my surprise was told that the letter carrier had already resumed delivery on Saturday.
Overall, I have been pleased with the Hold Mail service from the Post Office. There have been a few times where my mail was held accidentally. I would think if they saw a Discrepancy between the customer's name and address, they would question it. Most of my mail is junk mail. The important stuff, like bills, I have opted to receive bills on-line. Saves money in postage and ordering checks.

No comments: