Monday, April 10, 2006

Review for Week of 4/3/2006

I only completed three workouts last week. This included a total of 30 minutes of cardio, not enough to make me happy. I also missed exercising two bodyparts, chest and biceps. I actually skipped 2 days between workouts twice last week. The bodyparts I try to hit are quadriceps, hamstrings, chest, triceps, back, biceps, and abs. I have tried 3 and 5 a week workouts. 3 workouts a week to hit all bodyparts makes for 3 long workouts. I have also tried 5 workouts a week, but this requires a strong commitment to keeping a strict schedule. I have not tried 4 workouts a week, but this seems to be the best choice. It would go something like this:

Day 1-triceps, biceps
Day 2-quadriceps, hamstrings
Day 3-rest
Day 4-chest
Day 5-back

Day 4 and Day 5 can be changed. Day 2 and Day 3 would provide adequate rest for me to hit either chest or back on day 4.

Abs would be done when I had extra time.

As far as cardio goes, I have only been doing 10 minutes during each workout. I would like to increase this gradually.

I started this week on a good note. I rested yesterday, did my chest workout today and 10 minutes of cardio. Good night all!

No comments: