Sunday, April 09, 2006

What is this all about?

I started working out in 1989, when I was 26. At the time, it was just something to occupy my time after work. It changed from just something to do after work to an actual lifestyle. Exercise, diet, and being healthy became a regular part of my life. I would not call myself an exercise fanatic, just someone who lives a healthy lifestyle.

I have gone through physical transformations over the years. I only weighed 135 lbs when I was 26, and hit my “peak” in my late twenties and early thirties, hitting the scales at 165 lbs. Since then, I have gradually shrunk. Now, approaching my 43 rd birthday, I weigh 152 lbs.

In addition to the physical changes, I also grew as a person. I became more confident (not cocky), and developed a high level of self discipline, goal setting and patience. Working out has given me an identity, shaped my personality, and defined the way I live.

For the past several years, I have wondered if I have reached a mid life crisis with my workouts. It is more difficult for me to stay motivated. Work and life responsibilities seem to disrupt my intended workouts.

What has changed since the glory years of my late twenties? That is what this BLOG is all about. Plus, I would like to meet fellow Pittsburgh Bloggers out there.

No comments: