Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nike Pro Vent Tight Review 2


Below is the men's size chart for the Nike Pro Vent line of compression tops


SIZE, CHEST, HEIGHT

S , 35-38 , 5'7"-5'9"
M , 38-41, 5'9"-5'11"
L, 41-44, 5'11"-6'1"
XL, 44-47, 6'1"-6'3"
XXL, 47–50, 6'3"-6'5"
XXXL, 50-53, 6'5"-6'7"

These are Nike's recommendations directly from their website:
If your body measurement is on the borderline between two sizes, go to the lower size for a tighter fit or the higher size for a looser fit. If your body measurements for Chest and Height result in two different suggested sizes, you are better off going with the size from your Chest measurement. Compression Fit, Ultra Skin Tight. We suggest you may want to size up by one size.

My recommendations:
1) If you do not like tight fitting clothes, the Nike Pro Vent Tight line is not for you. Nike does make a Nike Pro Vent Loose line also. The other competitors, Under Armour and Reebok, make both a compression line and a loose line.
2) My chest size is 37, so I am right between a small and a medium. Small is way too tight. Medium is OK because I do not have bulging triceps/biceps. My bone structure is lean, so my arms will never be bulging. If you do have bulging arms, I would recommend sizing up one size from your chest size for the short sleeve tops. Arm size is not an issue if you are wearing the sleeveless version.
3) It may take one or two workouts to get used to the skin tight fight.
4) It will take a few more workouts to figure out how to take off the skin tight shirt. It is really difficult trying the pull the back of the shirt over your head and overstretched arms. I find it easier to remove one arm first, then your shirt is easier to pull off of your head and the remaining arm.

The important question is does this stuff work? The answer is yes. The Dri-Fit fabric wicks sweat off your body and then evaporates. Say goodbye to the days of sweat soaked cotton tee shirts.
Addendum: I have 3 other posts about the Nike Pro Vent line of performance compression clothing. Here they are:
Nike Pro Vent Review 4 - This was my fourth post after I discovered that Nike had a Nike Pro Europe website. The website explains how the Nike Pro line works to wick sweat away from your body. It also showcase European athletes who endorse the Nike Pro line.

Nike Pro Vent Review 3 - This was my third most comprehensive review, including a graphic size chart, my personal review of the product, and where to buy.

Nike Pro Vent - This was my first review, when I first decided to buy it.

No comments: