Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Wind Blows


I drove home today from Virginia and had to deal with the heavy wind gusts. I was driving the company vehicle, which is a GM Cargo Van. It sits up high and is a high profile vehicle, meaning wind gusts can move it suddenly. When I left Virginia, it was sunny and about 60 degrees. However, as the hours went by, and as I got closer to Pennsylvania, the clouds came out, it got cold, and very windy. Again, I had a death grip on the steering wheel, this time trying to keep the big white whale Moby Dick vehicle steady on the highway. I took a quick lunch break around 1:30 PM at a rest stop on the PA turnpike near Somerset. It was raining, but it was more like sleet turning into rain. Ugly. Driving through the last set of mountains before reaching Pittsburgh was ugly also. Still windy. I arrived in Downtown Butler around 4:00 PM, and the skies opened up...Wet, cold rain/sleet, an intense downpour for about 15 minutes. Overall, my trip home, was windy, wet, cold, and ugly. It will be nice sleeping in my own bed tonight.

No comments: