Saturday, June 03, 2006

Piss Me Off - Inspired Workout


I promised myself that I would not talk about work on my blog, just my life outside of work. However, someone at work yesterday sent me an e-mail which really pissed me off. It is still bugging me this weekend. I will not go into details, but I had an inspired workout yesterday evening. Here is a pic of HE-MAN from the Masters of the Universe. This is how I felt when I was working out. HE-MAN is also similar to a nickname that some of my co-workers call me on occasion. My last name rhymes with HE, so my nickname is my LastName-MAN.

I worked my chest - barbell presses and dumbbell presses at almost 100% of my capacity. My injured wrist from a few months back, DeQuervains Tendinitis, is probably 90% recovered. I have a follow up Dr. appointment this Monday. While my wrist was injured, I could not do any push ups. I have not tried any push ups yet, maybe next week.

Speaking of Dr. appointments, I had a dentist appointment yesterday. One of my previous fillings is deteriorating, so I will need to get it re-filled. On the plus side, the dental hygienist who cleaned my teeth was a cutie. Too young for a forty something guy like me, but still a cutie. I also got an impression made of my lower teeth for a night guard for my Temporo Mandibular Joint (TMJ) symdrome. In layman's terms, I grind my teeth at night. I also clench my teeth when I am stressed out, so I wear a mouth guard when I work out. Much like Kurt Angle, who now wears a mouth guard when he wrestles.

No comments: